"Thank you" to all that have supported us
A very special and heartfelt "Thank You" to all those, that have
supported us in Germany and Africa and have proven to be true friends. Many of
them have aided us in previous travels and undertakings on the "Black
Continent" over the years.
- Mr. Henry Julius Macharia, Managing Director of Sportsmen’s Safaris
& Tours Ltd., Nairobi, Kenya, our closest friend for decades. Be it for
his assistance in obtaining a Landrover, for chartering an Airplane or
Helicopter, all the small things of everyday life or for merely being there.
- Mr. Richard Mbagaya, Driver and Guide for Sportsmen’s Safaris &
Tours Ltd., Nairobi, Kenya, for his vehicle handling, his excellent eye in
spotting hidden animals and his unerring sense of humor.
- Mr. Jimmy Kimondo, General Manager of the Panafric Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya,
for Teaspoons and more.
- Mr. Philip Kisia, Sales Manager Sarova Hotels Ltd., Nairobi, Kenya, for
arranging the special Service at all Sarova Hotels.
- Mr. Samuel Sindiyo, Head Chef Sarova Hotels Ltd., Nairobi, Kenya, for the
excellent food and his endless patience with Jacqueline’s frequent visits
to the Kitchen.
- Mr. Dinesh Shah, ColPro Ltd., Nairobi, Kenya, for the excellent Safari
- Mr. Joe Kigathi, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Barclays Bank of
Kenya Ltd., Nairobi, Kenya, for his friendship and help in all financial
- Mr. Stephen Wilson, Tysons Ltd., Nairobi, Kenya, for his support in
purchasing our Land in the Ngong Hills.
- Mr. Jubilant S. Wera, Managing Director of State Travel Service Ltd.,
Arusha, Tanzania, for his support in planning and carrying out this Journey,
especially in granting the permission to leave the vehicles in the National
- Benjamin Maroweso, Driver and Guide for State Travel Service Ltd., Arusha,
Tanzania, for his sometimes hair-raising driving and his endurance in the
often endless search for animals.
- Mr. Michael Winterbottom, General Manager Shelly Beach Hotel, Mombasa,
Kenya, for his help and friendship in all matters large and small, for more
the fifteen years.
- Mr. Dismas Omalla, Booking Manager Shelly Beach Hotel, Mombasa, Kenya, for
always giving us the best rooms available.
- Mr. Frank Lampert, Flugbörse GmbH, Lueneburg, Germany, for all those
Tickets ordered and re-ordered at the last minute and still managing to get
us on the way on time.
- Mrs. Kulrat Phisphumvidhi, Olympic Airways GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany, for
the Suites in Athens and the extra baggage allowance (often more than 60 Kg
per Person) on all our travels.